Position Title: Development Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Hybrid with Offices in Saint Paul, MN
Compensation: Mid $ 80s up to $100k w/ generous benefits
Position Overview: Friends & Co’s Development Director is crucial in ensuring Friends & Co meets its revenue goals. Working with the Executive Director, the Board of Directors, and the Friends & Co staff as part of a Marketing/Community Outreach Team, the Development Director works with volunteers and interns to manage and grow philanthropic support from individual donors, foundations, and corporate partners.
- Identify and build relationships with existing and potential major donors, planned giving donors, foundations, and corporations
- Develop donor cultivation strategies; analyze and track progress using a Salesforce database
- Develop and coordinate relationship management activities between donors and the executive director, board members, and volunteers while ensuring these activities are tracked in the database
- Develop direct-mail and electronic solicitation strategies for Annual Fund donors, lapsed donors, volunteers, and other targeted prospects
- Implement donor acknowledgment and recognition processes, including thank-you letters, telephone calls, annual reports, and other published recognition, giving club status, and recognition events
- Act as spokesperson for the organization by leading or participating in informational talks, check presentations, donor gatherings, and other outside events
- Research foundation and other grant relationships • Write grant proposals • Develop new donor recruitment strategies
- Process gifts and pledges and maintain donor records in the donor database
- Generate lists, reports, and queries; update giving and contact information; and use data to track and grow relationships with donors
- Oversee or reconcile donor records with the general ledger
- Manage annual fundraising events and other special events
- Present the organization’s mission, vision, and accomplishments internally and externally
- A strong interest in serving others within a mission-driven nonprofit organization
- Bachelor’s Degree, five years of professional experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Relevant experience in related positions such as sales, communications, data management, relationship development, special events, or volunteer management. Related private sector experience is welcomed and encouraged.
- Experience and proficiency in database utilization, including input, reporting, and analysis
- Experience with e-mail marketing tools and social media communication strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with diverse constituents
- Ability to interface well with internal and external business associates in a highly professional manner and to maintain the highest level of confidentiality in both internal and external relationships
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion, tact, and professionalism
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Possess appropriate transportation and a valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Ability to meet agency insurance standards when using one’s vehicle
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, Friends & Co offers full-time employees generous paid time off, high-quality Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance, and up to a 4% match to an employer-sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.
Persons of color, Native, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. Friends & Co is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and cultural humility to move toward cultural competency.
How to Apply:
Please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to James Falvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit our organization’s website: friendsco.org