Let’s Do Lunch Cafe Community Resources
Senior Linkage Line
A free state service that connects older Minnesotans and their families with the help they need. www.seniorlinkageline.com or call 1 800-333-2433
HelpOlderAdultsMN.org is a searchable listing of services categorized under headings such as home-delivered meals, grocery and drug deliveries, care coordination, and home care.
Program to Encourage Active and Rewarding Lives (PEARLS)
The skills and tools offered in the program help participants address life’s problems and make ongoing plans to engage in a variety of pleasurable, meaningful activities. Learn more.
Prepare and Prosper
This organization has been a trusted partner, working with individuals and families of the LGBTQ+ Community to build brighter financial futures for many years. Learn more.
Is waiving delivery fees for eligible prescriptions offering 90-day refills and early refill authorizations www.walgreens.com
For more information on pharmacy, deliveries contact Senior Linkage Line www.seniorlinkageline.com or call 1 800-333-2433
Second Harvest Heartland
(Emergency food boxes available) www.2harvest.org
- Serves Bloomington, Richfield, Edina, and south Minneapolis
- Food pantry delivers to homebound elders veap.org
Open Arms Minnesota
Serves people living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, MS, ALS, ESRD, CHF, or COPD www.openarmsmn.org or call 612-872-1152
(Serves Crystal, Golden Valley, New Hope, Plymouth, and Robbinsdale) www.prismmpls.org or call 763-529-1350
Meals on Wheels
meals-on-wheels.com or call 612-623-3363
Metro Mobility Grocery Delivery
Metro Mobility offers a free grocery delivery service for elders who have a Metro Mobility account and number.
- Snap benefits are not offered through Metro Mobility
- It is up to the individual store and associated grocery shopping service to accept SNAP benefits.
- Cub/Instacart and Hy-vee/Aisles do NOT accept SNAP
Metro Mobility providers:
- West Zone (Transit Team) or call 651-602-1100 E-mail WReservations@metc.state.mn.us
- East Zone (First Transit East) or call 651-602-1120 E-mail EReservations@metc.state.mn.us
- South Zone (First Transit South) or call 651-602-1180 E-mail SReservations@metc.state.mn.us
- Questions about the Metro Mobility service? Contact the Metro Mobility Service Center. Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Call 651-602-1111 TTY 651-221-9886 Metro Mobility Website: metrocouncil.org
Help At Your Door
- Order by phone at 651-642-1892
- There is a nominal charge for deliveries
- Be prepared to leave a voicemail. It may take 48 hours to have a return call
- Expect a 2-5 day turnaround for the first delivery
- Accepts EBT/SNAP benefits
Options for Shopping Online or by Phone
www.hy-vee.com General Questions: 1-800-772-4098
- *Hy-vee uses a service called Aisles for online orders
- Pickup is FREE with a $30 minimum purchase order
- Deliveries: A fee of $9.95 is charged. Minimum $30 order required
Lunds and Byerlys
- The delivery fee for all orders, regardless of size, is $9.95
- If you elect in-store pick-up, the fee is $4.95
- Can only order online on Walmart’s website – No phone ordering service is available
$7.95 delivery fee per order
Schwan’s Frozen foods
Phone orders: 1-888-724-9264 Accepts EBT/SNAP
Helping communities across Minnesota create a culture of health where prevention and wellness are the norms. yourjuniper.org or Toll-Free: 1-855-215-2174