Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000 Depending on Experience and Qualifications
Full Time, Exempt
Reports: To: Community Impact Director
Organization: Friends & Co has been serving older adults in Minnesota for over 50 years and envisions a world where every older adult thrives in meaningful relationships. We celebrate aging through community-led service that fosters meaningful connections for everyone and continues to build a more inclusive and diverse organization where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging. Our services encompass a host of companionship programs and advocacy support aimed at enhancing well-being while promoting independence and the capacity to age happily and safely in place.
Position Overview: In collaboration with the Friends & Co team, community volunteers, and organizational partners, the new program manager will successfully manage the day-to-day call-in chat line Coffee Talk while also creating systems for community ownership, overall program growth, and sustainability. Identify and create new opportunities and innovative ways to support older adults across Minnesota through unique services. This position has a heavy emphasis on team building, management, and support and includes an externally facing role in managing relationships in the community. The person in this position is responsible for the long-term operational success of the call-in phone program, ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control, evaluation, and evolution.
In addition, they will manage systems to provide additional support for socially isolated callers when appropriate, through other Friends & Co services or connections to resources in their own community.
- Manage day-to-day operation of call-in chatline, including volunteer support
- Increase program reach and impact
- Implement and lead feedback and program improvement processes
- Recruit, oversee training and support volunteers
- Ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are incorporated into all program goals
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A strong interest in serving others within a mission-driven nonprofit organization
- Proven success building and maintaining trusted relationships
- Experience in volunteer management and/or organization development
- Strong communication and people skills; comfortable with diverse constituencies and audiences
- Basic knowledge of or ability to learn data management systems like Salesforce, surveys, and software tools like SurveyMonkey and Microsoft Office Suite, as well as Voice over Internet Protocol (VolP) technology.
- A strategic thinker with strong organizational skills
- Ability to be innovative and creative with program design and evolution
- Generous and supportive coworkers
- Bright, new, centrally located office on light-rail and with ample parking
- Hybrid work schedule
- Generous paid time off
- High-quality Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
- Up to a 4% match to an employer-sponsored 401(k) retirement plan.
This position is hybrid and can operate from a home office (in Metro or Greater Minnesota) or from a dedicated desk at our office in St. Paul.
People of color, Indigenous, and LGBTQ persons are strongly encouraged to apply. Friends & Co is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and a culture of humility that moves us toward cultural competency.